Dear Mosaic Dental Clinic Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family well! Over the last couple of months our communities have seen a lot of changes, but the one thing that remains constant is our commitment to you, our valued patients. We have always prioritized your care and safety with the strictest adherence to infection control procedures and protocols. For us to reopen our doors to you shortly, we have implemented all the recommendations and guidelines set by the College of Dental Surgeons of BC and the Provincial Health Officer. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we enter this new phase of dentistry together. During this time, we have implemented these additional procedures:
- Upon scheduling an appointment, a COVID-19 consent form will be emailed to you. We will postpone treatment for any patient who has experienced or been in contact with someone with the following symptoms within 14 days of the scheduled appointment date: fever (> 37.5 C), cough, sore throat, flu-like symptoms, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath.
- Please delay your dental appointment if you have pre-existing health conditions (as indicated by the BC Centre for Disease Control) such as chronic respiratory disease or asthma, serious heart conditions, diabetes, are immunocompromised, are pregnant, have chronic kidney or liver disease, or are over the age of 70 years old (unless you require urgent care).
- Available appointments per day will be lessened to enforce physical distancing and allow us additional time for sterilization and disinfection.
- Confirmation of your appointment 2 business days in advance: Please let us know at this time if there has been a change in your health since scheduling the appointment. We appreciate that you inform us now of any changes to your dental insurance policy so we may have that updated prior to your appointment. You may wish to register a credit card on file at this time to allow for contactless exit at completion of your appointment.
- Arrival on time - we are asking patients to arrive just before your appointment. Please call us if you are running late or are unable to make your appointment time and we will make alternate arrangements for you.
- Please wait in your car for your appointment time and call our office when you have arrived. To further protect you, our reception area will be closed, and we will no longer be offering magazines, children’s toys or public water dispenser.
- We ask that patients enter the office unaccompanied, if possible. For those patients who need a guardian to accompany them, we ask that this be limited to a single family member.
- Front door poster - this is an information poster that shows “entry permitted after screening”. This will apply to anyone accompanying a patient or minor for their appointment. It also asks anyone who enters to practice physical distancing and to use our washroom immediately upon entry to wash their hands with soap and water.
- You will be greeted at the front door by your dentist, hygienist or dental assistant, at your designated appointment time. Our doctors and staff will be wearing all of the recommended personal protective equipment (PPE). After you have washed your hand, your practitioner will use a no-touch thermometer and a pulse oximeter for further screening. If your temperature is higher than 38 degrees or your blood oxygen level is lower than a reading of 92, we will assist you to reschedule your appointment until you have contacted Healthlink BC at 8-1-1 for assessment and have been tested by your family physician if indicated. Our health is monitored as well at the beginning of our work day.
- HOCI technology: Hypochlorous acid is effective in killing viruses along with other pathogens such as bacteria and spores upon contact more effectively than chlorine bleach and is safe for human contact. We are implementing this into our sanitation protocol through sprays and aerosol forms.
- HEPA air purifying technology: This helps with air filtration in the office and treatment rooms during your visit.
- We have installed a Plexi-glass barrier at our reception desk. Should you need to schedule a further appointment, this may be booked by your dentist or we may contact you the following day to make arrangements.
Thank you for being our patient! We appreciate your continued support and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
When you visit Dr. Vincent Fung and Dr. Evelyn Sue at Mosaic Dental Clinic, your smile is our top priority. Our entire team is dedicated to providing you with the personalized, gentle care that you deserve.
Part of our commitment to serving our patients includes providing information that helps them to make more informed decisions about their oral health needs. This website is a resource we hope you’ll find both useful and interesting.
Contact Us Today or Request An Appointment!
New Patients are Always Welcome! Our North Burnaby practice has served the Greater Vancouver Area since 1997 and is conveniently located across from the Gilmore Skytrain station. We strive to provide quality, professional dental care for the entire family using the latest techniques and materials. We believe that through patient education and excellent preventive care that your teeth can last you a lifetime. The greatest compliment our patients can give us is the referral of their friends and family. Please let us know if you have referred someone to our practice so that we can find a way to thank you.
We genuinely hope this site is helpful to you in learning more about our practice, dental conditions and treatments, dental recommendations, and more. We offer a variety of dental services for every member of your family. These services include: hygiene (cleanings), restorations (fillings), endodontics (root canals), crowns (caps) & bridges, veneers, implants, full & partial dentures, orthodontics (braces), teeth whitening, and dentistry for children.
Please browse through our website and be sure to give us a call if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment.
MOSAIC DENTAL CLINIC HOURS
#103 - 3997 HENNING DRIVE, BURNABY
9 am - 5 pm Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
9 am - 6 pm Tuesday and Wednesday
There is parking (Stall numbers 19, 20, 21, 22) available during business hours for the convenience of our patients. The entrance to the the parking is on Henning Drive. Take the first right on the driveway and the parking stalls are adjacent to the Bridge Gate building. The entrance of the office is located on Henning Drive on the southeast corner of the Bridge Gate building. Pay parking is also available on the street and in lots nearby.